Sprout and Potato Hash
Sprout and Potato Breakfast Hash
Nutrition information per person: 240 calories. 54g carbs / 21g fat / 24g protein
Challenge yourself to include 2 portions of vegetables with every meal, including breakfast. This is a fantastic, filling brunch option for slower mornings.
100g Brussels sprouts
1 green apple
Optional: 30g pancetta
1. Prepare the sprouts by removing the base and halve. Blanch in boiling water for two minutes and drain.
2. Peel the potato and apple, chopping into wedges and peel and dice the carrots. Place the potato in boiling water for 10 minutes and add the carrots for the final 5 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large pan on a medium heat with 1 tbsp oil and sauté the sprouts, apple (and pancetta) for a few minutes until turning golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and sauté the potato and carrot for a couple of minutes until golden. Set aside with the sprouts and apple and keep warm.
5. In the pan with water, bring to the boil and poach 2 eggs for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve the vegetable hash, topped with the poached egg.
Recipe by Founded Nutrition. www.foundednutrition.com @founded_nutrition