SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 min
This salsa verde is a very versatile and delicious addition to any meal. We have used a combination of rocket, parsley, and coriander but you can use any greens you desire, including spinach and kale. The capers and mustard give it a lovely sharpness and the lemon keeps it fresh and zesty.
150g mix of rocket, parsley, coriander
1 teaspoon capers
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
Juice of half a lemon
8 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Dice the shallot as finely as possible and put in a bowl with the red wine vinegar and mustard.
2. Mash the garlic clove with some coarse sea salt using the back of a sharp knife until it becomes a paste.
3. Rinse the capers and chop very finely.
4. Wash the rocket and herbs, pat dry with a kitchen towel and chop as finely as you can.
5. Add the chopped herbs to the bowl with the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper and pour in the oil until it becomes a nice loose consistency.
6. Serve with a piece of grilled meat or fish for dinner or with your scrambled eggs for lunch or brunch.