Autumnal pumpkin rich in Vitamin A, served alongside protein-packed buckwheat instead of traditional rice in this wonderful warming risotto.
400g pumpkin, or squash
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 savoy cabbage, or kale
400ml vegetable stock
2 tbsps tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 180'c fan and prepare your vegetable stock.
2. Carefully cut the pumpkin down the middle, spooning out the seeds and chop into quarters. Peel and dice into 2cm pieces. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season. Bake for 15 minutes until soft.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic, the red onion and shred the cabbage. Rinse the buckwheat.
4. Heat a medium size pan on a medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the buckwheat for 1 minute, before adding the vegetable stock. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cabbage for the final 5 minutes.
5. Add the roasted pumpkin, and the tahini for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
Recipe provided by nutritional therapist, Christina Hughes of www.foundednutrition.com