We love combining recipes and this week we have cooked up some delicious mushroom fritters and served them with Founded Nutrition’s vibrant kale pesto! They make for a wonderfully earthy, flavoursome, and well-balanced pairing.
1 medium potato
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon dried sage or a couple of fresh chopped sage leaves
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper
1. Prep your ingredients:
Wipe the mushrooms clean and slice thinly
Finely chop the garlic
Peel and grate the potato
2. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mushroom and garlic for 6-8 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Take off the heat and put in a bowl to cool.
3. When cool, add in the grated potato, flour, egg and sage and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Leave the mixture to firm up in the fridge for 15 minutes and then shape it into patties.
5. Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the fritters, pressing down gently with a spatula, for 2-3 minutes each side until nice and golden.
6. These fritters are delicious served with a fresh green seasonal salad and Founded Nutrition’s kale pesto drizzled over the top!