SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 2 min | COOK TIME: 25 min
Nutrition information: 335 calories / 12g carbs / 16g fat / 19g protein
I love finding ways to add greens to my breakfast and a frittata is my favourite way to do just that. Did you know that spinach is best eaten cooked? Eating the leaves raw may impair the absorption of certain nutrients like calcium and iron. Spinach itself is a wonderful source of iron, folate and Vitamin C as well as being one of the richest sources of lutein, which promotes good eyesight.
1 onion, diced finely
100g spinach/ chard/ kale, roughly chopped
50g feta cheese
4 organic eggs
2 tbsp black pitted olives, halved
Note: You can use an oven proof pan here if you have it (cast-iron, etc.), otherwise transfer to a tin of sorts (but not a loose bottomed one!) If you don’t have one you can add the egg directly to the pan for 4 minutes and finish off under the grill for 2 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c fan.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan on a medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes
3. Add the greens for a further 2 minutes until wilted and remove from the heat.
Transfer to an ovenproof tin/dish and add half of the olives.
4. Beat the eggs, crumble in the feta. Only season lightly as the olives will add salt.
5. Add the eggs to the spinach mixture and top with remaining olives.
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. You can finish under the grill for 2 minutes until golden-brown.
Recipe by Founded Nutrition. www.foundednutrition.com @founded_nutrition